Motion Boardshop and Seattle Kiteboarding Center are dedicated to providing the experience of a lifetime.
Kiteboarding in the Northwest has never been easier, and we make it happen for you. Take a course with us and find out why kiting at Jetty Island is ranked in the top 5 best locations to “Learn to Kite” according to USA Today, and we have Jetty Island dialed! We have taught longer than any other school in Washington and have perfected our courses to make sure you have the best experience possible. What sets us apart from the rest is that all of our courses are 1 on 1 with an instructor so you get an extremely personalized lesson where you can progress at a pace you are comfortable with.
Instruction is $95/hr for a 1-on-1 lesson. Payment is required on the day of your lesson, cash or check accepted. To schedule your professional lesson,
Please Email Us or call (206)372-5268.
- DID YOU KNOW? The Seattle Kiteboarding Center LLC is fully insured as an IKO Internationally recognized and sanctioned kiteboarding school. All of our instructors are IKO certified and some are double certified through PASA (Professional Air Sports Association) as well. So you can be sure that you are getting the safest and best possible instruction. We are fully permitted to teach on Jetty Island as well as international kiteboarding locations in Mexico. If you would like to see our papers, we're happy to show them to you.
- You can be sure that you'll be paired with a mature, responsible adult who will give you their full attention and will focus all their efforts on teaching you how to kiteboard.
- Jetty Island, Everett has the perfect conditions to learn kiteboarding both safely and quickly. The winds are very steady and light so you can build confidence and not be intimidated by strong winds.
- Shallow waters allow you to learn with minimal swimming. Because it's so shallow, Port Gardner Bay offers warmer than usual water conditions often associated with the Puget Sound so you can be comfortable throughout your lesson.
- We use wave runners to assist with the lesson so we can be right next to you the whole time, giving you instructions. They also allow us to take you away from the busy beach area. We head up wind where all you don't have any distractions or obstacles and they ensure your safety during the lesson.
- All of our instructors are PASA or IKO certified as well as CPR, First Aid, and Boater Safety trained. We also have bilingual instructors who can assist you. We carry a full insurance policy for our instructors and students.
- We have taught thousands of students over the last 10 years and have a perfect safety record to boast. We've taught all types of people with various strengths, weaknesses, phobias, special needs, and ages.
- What we've learned most from the last 10 years of teaching, is that it is beyond what you learn in a book or through certification alone. It's about connecting with an individual and their needs while opening their eyes to a new sport safely and with confidence.
- Since our classes are 1 on 1, we can help anyone of any experience level. Whether you're coming into a class with no kite-flying experience or you are working on water starts, we can tailor the class to fit your needs.
- All gear is provided for our classes. This includes a wetsuit, harness, kite, board, lifejacket and helmet. However, if you have some of your own gear, we encourage you to use it in the class so that you can become very familiar and comfortable with it.
- Kiting in the Northwest is a year-round sport. We teach from mid March through early October and then snowkite for the winter months.
- Predictable and plentiful winds have made this area famous for kiteboarding and windsurfing.
- “Fly before you buy” guarantee. Demo any kite or board before you lay down the cash!
Why take lessons with us at Jetty Island?
Motion Boardshop and Seattle Kiteboarding Center offer many exciting ways to Kiteboard!