FORGED CARVING MACHINE.
Designed for every rider looking to get the most out of their board connection, the all-new Forged Force packs a major punch. Whether you're powering through high speed turns at the Legendary Banked Slalom, or you simply laying down trenches on some fresh groomed corduroy, the FF is the tool you need for the job.
New to the FC is a redesigned Forged Carbon base that combines the durability of Forged Carbon with an integrated Vaporlite bushing for flex where you need it and strength in high-stress regions.
What began as a material development partnership between the Lamborghini Advanced Studies Research Lab and Union Binding Company has evolved to bring Forged Carbon component production in-house at Union. This gives us complete control over our R&D to guarantee our materials interact perfectly.
Baseplate Stiffness 10/10
STIFF AND RESPONSIVE
Highback Stiffness 9/10
STIFF AND RESPONSIVE
MINI DISK 4X2 AND THE CHANNEL
HIGHBACK: FORGED CARBON
Exclusive to UNION, Forged Carbon exceeds the strength requirements of injected plastic tenfold. Lighter is only better when it's stronger.
(NEW) STRAPS: EXOFRAME 2.0 DIRECT CONNECT W/ HINGE
Featured on the FF, this ankle strap is the evolution of the original ExoFrame with a new shape and hinging system that allows for easier entry. Extremely responsive.
(NEW) BASEPLATE: STAGE 4 DURAFLEX CB
Blended with carbon fiber, Duraflex CB is lighter and considerably more stiff than typical fiberglass-injected nylon.
HEELCUP: EXTRUDED ALUMINUM
Designed for optimum heel hold and minimization of drag. Union 3D Extruded Aluminum heelcups are the strongest in the business.
(NEW) BUSHING: MULTI-DENSITY THERMOFORMED EVA W/ FC GAS PEDAL
The Full Bottom Bushing system allows for natural canting, incredible vibration dampening and a surfy feel.
(NEW) TOE STRAP: HEXGRIP SECURE-LOCK
Toe strap adjustment has been redesigned and reinforced with double the connection strength, thanks to the new pin system. Multi-Positional options and thermoplastic anti-slip material keeps you locked in and on point.
This Union exclusive process produces a material four times the strength of aluminum with only half the weight. Easy in, easy out.
- Our Take: Just when you thought our bindings couldn’t get any lighter or stiffer, we went and did something like this. We paired up with Lamborghini to develop a material that can only be found on Union bindings (well, with the exception of Lamborghini supercars, Boeing jets and maybe, just maybe, the lightest and strongest golf clubs on the market…) Forged Carbon has the highest strength to weight ratio of any material to hit snowboard bindings since, well, ever. Weighing in at just over 1000 g per PAIR the Ultra FC is completely engineered out of Forged Carbon to create the stiffest, most responsive binding that money can buy. If you’re looking for the lightest, stiffest, strongest binder available than your search is over, welcome to the UNION Ultra FC.
- Rider Profile: Boarder X savage, 22 feet out of a 22 foot or every day in the Backcountry, the FC is designed specifically for the rider who needs a ton of support and even more responsiveness. Not for the relaxed, resort riding rad dad or the jibbing park rat. The Ultra FC is designed for lateral strength but can experience too much stress when put under the torsional stress of park riders hitting jumps and impacting on rails.
- Inside Scoop: Lamborghini originally developed Forged Carbon with one goal in mind: “to give major impetus to technological innovation in composite materials and raise them to a level that had never been reached until now.” That’s exactly what the mad scientists at UNION were thinking. We teamed up with Lamborghini and are now 1 of 5 companies in the WORLD utilizing Forged Carbon in our products.
- CAUTION: The power in this binding is found when in “ride mode” i.e. rider is strapped into the binding and the highback is weight bearing. Do NOT “twist” the highback with your hands to test its stiffness. Without bearing weight the FC can break when torsional stress is applied.
- Size Chart: Medium: 8 – 10 / Large: 10.5+