Rider Profile: Spencer Smith
3: Where do you live?
4. How long have you been skating for?
5. What's your go-to setup?
DB Longboards Robot Special, Aera Trucks K4, RAD Wheels 78a Advantages, Venom Bushings (tall bushings roadside, oldschool elims boardside), and some extra sticky grip tape
6. Favorite skate spot of all-time?
That's really tough I have so many favorites! But if I had to choose, it would be this one mountain pass in Italy, lets just say it takes 15 minutes to get down when bombing it.
7. What do you do when you're not skating?
Go to school, design and build things, work, listen to music, cook, slackline, work out, play kendama
8. What's your favorite trick for impressing the ladies?
Being a gentleman…always
9. Favorite quote (skate related or not)?
"Life moves pretty fast, you don't stop and look around once and a while you could miss it" Ferris Beuller
10. What's the best part about being a Motion Boardshop team rider?
All the resources available to you. Whether it is awesome support from friendly staff and the shop itself, custom t-shirts from Lando, or being able to get any product you need thanks to Motion's network, its all there and simple to get a hold of if you can put in the time and effort to do so.
11. What's the best piece of advice you can give other longboarders looking to get sponsored?
Try and push yourself constantly to progress and become a better skater, learn how to edit videos and be a self advocate for, differentiate from the crowd, and most of all do it for the fun. FUN is key, people like being around others that enjoy themselves and the same goes for sponsorship. Companies like to be represented by charismatic individuals who can promote them and share their stoke, not by people who are dicks and can't get along with others.
12. Anything else we should know about you?
Yup, Big shout out to the OG Northwest long boarding and slalom crews! Without them I never would have got as hooked on skating and would not be the rider I am today.