Rider Profile: TJ Joo
TJ "The Dirty" Joo
3: Where do you live?
Shoreline, the unfortunate rear orifice of Seattle.
4. How long have you been skating for?
A good few years, kinda lost track.
5. What's your go-to setup?
A Five Mile Warhorse with Precision Grizzlies and whatever wheels I pry loose from Nate Blackburn's entrails. <3
6. Favorite skate spot of all-time?
I love the Panty Raid because I live there and can skate it anytime, but for real it's between Britannia and Giant's Head.
7. What are you doing when you're not skating?
Fighting crime to avenge my fallen comrades. (Sic Sempervivum Tyrannis!)
8. What's your favorite trick for impressing the ladies?
The one where I do a no-comply onto my face and lose literally all of my skin and then wink and then eat bagels and then do two backflips and then dissolve into a fluttering cloud of peanutbutter-colored butterflies and disperse into the atmosphere declaring that Biggie Smalls is in fact the illest.
9. Favorite quote (skate related or not)?
10. What's the best part about being a Motion Boardshop team rider?
I'm just in it for the awesome free stickers, really. Oh and the occasional sweet nothings Nate tenderly whispers into my ear when he's feeling frisky.
11. What's the best piece of advice you can give other longboarders looking to get sponsored?
Have more fun than anybody else on the hill, whatever this may mean to you.
Also eat your Wheaties and literally always wear sunglasses no matter what.
12. Anything else we should know about you?
I hate skateboarding.